Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Moving

So I've been quiet for a little while now but it's not because I gave up on the blog. It's because I moved. I haven't really talked about it much because I didn't want to jinx anything, but now that we're here and somewhat settled, I will explain.

We moved to Greenwich, CT last Thursday and it was the most difficult and complicated move I've ever had (and I'm the girl who moved 8 times in the past 8 years!). We made the move to make more room for Baby D and are now in a three bedroom townhouse which is so huge to me. This whole complex was built in 1969 but they are gutting every apartment and renovating. So we essentially have a new home. The reason I haven't spoken about it, is because we almost didn't move here three times. 

One month before the move, we came to sign the lease and walked into the apartment just to take some measurements. We walked in to an inch of water on the floor! Needless to say we didn't sign the lease that day. Next weekend we were scheduled to come back and sign the lease but got a call from the leasing office an hour before we were to leave saying that she didn't have the key to the apartment so we needed to wait another week. In short, we came to sign the lease the weekend before we were scheduled to move in. The washer/dryer were in the living room and the sink and toilet were in the kitchen! This was to replace the flooring in those areas. We were assured that everything would be in its place by the day we moved in. Luckily, it was. 

The move itself was also a disaster. Even though I reserved the freight elevator in our Manhattan apartment for the movers, there were three other people moving out on the same day. So it took about 30 minutes for the elevator to come each time they wanted to take things down to their truck. Then, they got lost in Connecticut. The movers didn't leave our new home until 10:45 at night! We then got dinner and had to do a bit of unpacking (can't sleep on a bed without bed linens) before we could go to sleep. The entire weekend was one sleepless blur. 

The good news is that we're making progress. I'm sure it'll be some time before everything is in its place, but we're on the way. 

And for those of you who are wondering, Jackson is doing great. He's loving the bigger space and especially the grass outside! It's so much fun to him. We have a dog walker (although he's now only getting walked once, instead of twice, a day) and he hasn't had any problems. I was nervous that he wouldn't take the move well, but he's adjusted nicely (probably better than me and H).

No comments: