Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Name Game

So a while ago H and I picked out two boy and two girl names. We ran them by our parents and decided on one girl and one boy name (no, I'm not sharing). Well, now we've both seperately decided that we don't like the boy names (funny enough, it's for the same reason). So we're back to the drawing board. It's harder than I thought. I might love a name but then H vetoes it (or vice versa). You have to see if the name rhymes with anything that could potentially be a source of teasing (my parents had no idea some idiot would invent a clay animal that grows hair and rhymes with my name, but I still really like my name). And, you have to make sure it accomplishes what you set out to accomplish. Our preference is for an uncommon name with Jewish roots and is not too long or difficult to spell/prounounce. If anyone has any suggestions, send them my way!

No comments: