Thursday, October 2, 2008

Breaking habits

I once read that it only takes 3 times to form a new habit and 30 days to break an old one. With my tummy quickly expanding, there are some new habits I need to make and old ones I need to break (at least temporarily):

I can fit through there!
After having been about the same size for the last ten years, I still find it hard to get used to my new and bigger body. I still think I can squeeze through small spaces but now I end up bumping people in the process.

My (lack of) height + countertops = no leaning
I still try to lean over the bathroom sink and see into the mirror. It doesn't get me very far so I have to walk around to the side if I want a close-up view.

Bend from the knees
For simple things, like picking up Jackson's toys, I normally bend over from the waist to pick things up. This now hurts my back. It's all about bending at the knees.

Smaller meals
I've always been a three meals a day kind of girl. Breakfast, lunch and dinner with a snack here or there. Small meals are just too difficult to do. But now I need to make the switch. Big meals leave me feeling nauseous these days. And then I'm still hungry two hours later.

Pointy shoes have got to go...eventually
This will be the last habit I break - mark my words. I should've been in flats (or shoes with little heels) for the past two months now but I just cannot bring myself to do it. All of my shoes still fit and they're not painful. Pretty soon I'll have to break down and purchase shoes with little (and wide) heels. Ugh!

Lots of changes, so little time!

No comments: