Sunday, August 3, 2008

Birthday

My last birthday before I become a mom - how strange. For dinner, the husband and I went to my favorite Italian restaurant - a small place where the owner rattles off the dessert menu in such a thick accent that I always have to hear it twice. Even though we had a reservation (always need one there), we still had to wait about 20 minutes for a table. As soon as we sat down, the owner (he seated us) pointed to me and said that I cannot drink because I'm pregnant! He was the first "stranger" to notice I am pregnant. And he wasn't shy about it either. There was absolutely no hesitation. We're still trying to figure out how he knew. I don't really look pregnant yet, just fat. And the dress I was wearing is not a maternity dress so I really did look like I put on a few pounds. Anyway, dinner was great (as always). When we got up to leave the restaurant, he asked me how far along I was. He told me to come back in a month because then he will tell us what we're having (great way to get business!). Honestly, that guy is half the reason the place is so great. 

No comments: