Monday, August 18, 2008

Math

So we all know that math isn't my strongest skill. I'm not bad when I have a calculator and I can plug formulas into Excel, but when left to do simple math in my head, I screw it up. So it should come as no surprise that it took H a good 20 minutes on Saturday morning to explain to me that I'm not in my fourth month, but rather in my fifth. For some reason, 19 weeks means four months in my head. In the real world, when you are 19 weeks, you are in the second week of your fifth month. He explained that weeks 1-4 are month 1, weeks 5-8 are month 2, weeks 9-13 are month 3, weeks 14-17 are month 4 and weeks 18-22 are month 5.

Of course, I didn't understand his first explanation so he had to give me a second one. (He counted backwards from my due date.) I finally got it and am now accepting the fact that I am in my fifth month.  I guess I've been telling people I'm in my fourth month for the past month and a half. 

Let's hope Baby D takes after H in the math department.

No comments: